UNC Kidney Center Director Dr Ron Falk is joined by Dr. David Weber, Professor of Medicine and Pediatrics, School of Medicine and Professor of Epidemiology, Gillings School of Global Public Health at UNC. In this recording, “Immunizations and the Immunocompromised Patient,” Drs Falk and Weber discuss immunizations and the recommendations for patients whose immune systems are compromised. Dr Falk poses questions for Dr Weber that are frequently asked by patients, and discussions include general recommendations as well as specific recommendations for the flu shot, DPT, pneumonia, Hepatitis B, Hepatitis A and HPV vaccine.
Listen to the full length recording (28 min)
- Full-Length Track
- What are the general recommendations for immunization?
- What are the different types of flu vaccines?
- What are the recommendations for the DPT vaccine?
- Can I get the flu from the flu shot?
- What are the recommendations for pneumonia vaccine?
- What are the recommendations for shingles vaccine?
- What are the recommendations for children?
- What are the recommendations for Hepatitis B vaccine?
- Dispelling myths
- Discussing Hepatitis A and HPV vaccines